Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Soggy Saturday

The trouble with having only two runs scheduled per week is that when a run day comes along you have to get out there despite the weather. This morning I rolled out of bed to the sound of raindrops hitting the window A/C and I would have gladly curled right back up under the covers, but it wasn't an option. I swam Thursday and Friday this week and I'm swimming again Sunday, so instead of diving back into bed I got up, had a waffle and hit the road. I was afraid that I'd be alone, but when I got up to Inwood, there were 6 of us out there in the cool rain. I can't believe I thought the crew would bail because of the rain, ha! These are the same people that ran by my side all winter long, so I don't know what I was thinking. We squished along the Greenway down to Riverbank State Park before turning back towards home. If it had been a bit warmer, it would have been really great running weather. As we got close to 145th St I started to feel a familiar tightness in my calves. A week and a half ago I ran in my Saucony flats and my calves were sore for a few days afterwards, and I blamed the tired old shoes, but I was wearing my soggy Asics today so now I'm stumped. I have to look elsewhere for the culprit now. In the meantime, back to my foam roller. Ow.
8 miles in about 1:15, some slow puddle-jumping miles in there and some tough uphill miles at the end. The aftermath of the SOAKING WET run can be found in the living room...

No comments:

Post a Comment