Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sarah Palin Runners World Scandal

So I like to keep my blog far away from politics, but this is really about running! The cover of Newsweek features Sarah Palin in running gear and as soon as I saw it I thought - hmm wasn't she in Runner's World recently wearing something similar? Well she was and apparently the Newsweek cover photo was under embargo for a year and should NOT have been used for that cover shot... here's the "I'm a runner" interview from August and the associated Editor's note about the cover photo:

slide1.html.jpg

EDITOR’S NOTE:

On the cover of this week’s issue of Newsweek is a photo that was shot exclusively for the August 2009 issue of Runner’s World, in which Sarah Palin was featured on the monthly “I’m a Runner” back page. The photos from that shoot are still under a one-year embargo, and Runner’s World did not provideNewsweek with its cover image. It was provided toNewsweek by the photographer’s stock agency, without Runner’s World’s knowledge or permission.


Photos from runnersworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment