Saturday, December 5, 2009

Change of pace...

pun intended. So a lack of feedback means total freedom to write about what I'd like to talk about. In this case, I think I'd like to lean more towards running and perhaps toss in some neighborhood stuff if I stumble across it. Maybe its just because its winter and I feel like our hood is bustling in the spring/summer/fall but sort of goes into hibernation for the winter...pr maybe its just me who hibernates. Anyway, I'll see how this goes.
I finally feel like I've slipped back into a routine since the return from the wedding/honeymoon. I took a good long break while in Belize and rested the legs. Coming back was a little tough, but it felt good to get back out and leave some sweat on the streets. Last week was a pretty good running week despite the holiday thrown in with a monday swim (2200yds) and about 10 miles of running over 2 days.
So far this week I've managed a 5.01mi (41:00, elevation gained 1,307ft)on Tuesday night, 1.6 mi swim on Wed evening, hilly 3.24 mi (28:00, elevation gained 1,157ft) on Thursday (regular group run was cancelled, bummer) and 5.90mi (52:42, elevation gained 1,720ft) today before the rain poured down.
I did some lunges post-run on Thursday evening after a looong break from those evil little numbers and wow, I'm still a little sore. The cold and rain and potential for ice have me a little nervous about the race tomorrow.. Joe Kleinerman 10K in Central Park, aka Marathon Qualifier #8. I've been thinking about a 10K PR all year and during my last shot at it (on my own, no race) I think I hit around 47:00-ish. It was a while ago, but I remember starting out too fast and hurting somewhere along the west side heading south. I gained a lot of speed this year that I didn't even know I had in me and hit a ton of new PR's. A 10K PR would be the icing on the cake after a great year.
Well, it's off to bed for a good night sleep before and early and CHILLY morning. I had set aside my favorite running shorts for tomorrow, that was back on Thursday when it was 57 degrees outside. I think I'll need to reconsider my wardrobe. It looks to be the first tights run of the season. Brr.

No comments:

Post a Comment