Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In the white.


Today started out with a sore throat and a groggy feeling that was tough to shake. I got out of bed feeling blah (but well rested) and sipped some tea and applesauce because they felt good on my throat. I spent the next few hours on the couch in my robe and covered in fleecy blankets (yes, the one with the swimmers on it). I finished my book "The Good Thief's Guide to Paris" which ended pretty well, although things got very complicated just like "The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam", but I was satisfied in the end. I digress... so I checked my temp (no fever!) and finally decided it was time to try out the new CW-X tights that my hubby got me for V-day.

The first few blocks of the run were icky and sloppy and I stayed on the sidewalk because it seemed too dangerous to be on the road and i figured I'd get splashed with slop if a car went by. Once I hit the northern end of Cabrini Boulevard though, the slate sidewalk (my fave) was covered in a few inches of crunchy, thick snow and I was smiling. I enjoy running on the snow when its deep enough to sink in a tiny bit and not slippery. Once I hit Fort Tryon Park, my breath was taken away by the sights. Wow, it was so quiet and the snow was so fluffy. I stopped and took a few pictures and just took in the beauty of it all. I enjoyed the rest of the run while seeking out paths that had not been cleared today or even those not cleared after the last storm, making for deep, fluffy paths. I had a blast. I only got in about 3 miles because I needed to get home, eat and get out the door to meet the kids for practice, but that was enough because I was getting wet from the heavy snow.
I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story..







There's usually a beautiful view of the Hudson and Palisades from here...

Man I LOVE this park. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! I would have never known there were parts of Manhattan that are THAT beautiful in the snow... Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos! you are tough as steel to go run out in that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys, it was a really fun run! Northern Manhattan is really beautiful all year round, but especially in the snow and in the spring! keep your eyes peeled for spring pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty! I love how everything is covered in snow. Yesterday was so pretty to look at!
    Hope you are still feeling better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about doing my first ever Fort Tryon Park run this weekend. Now I'm totes looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete