Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fire Escape Etiquette



I enjoy a nice little box of flowers outside my window during the warmer months. I wish I could figure out how to rig up boxes from my living room and kitchen windows, but the ledge is slanted and I haven't found anything that I trust to hold the boxes from crashing down 3 stories. So, I'm stuck putting them outside the bedroom window on the fire escape. Its fine, they get good light and look pretty and aren't really in the way. My cats enjoy sunning themselves and looking out at my flowers (or so I like to think).
Other people, however prefer to put JUNK out on their fire escapes that not only poses a danger if there were an emergency, but is really a huge eyesore. Ugh, this neighbor has had a bag of who-knows-what on the fire escape for months and it's just awful to stare at while eating at my kitchen table or just glancing out the living room window. The guilty party lives in the next building and I don't know her so I'm not even sure how to go about asking someone to take care of it. What do I do? Anyhow, here are some pictures of the junk and some lovely flowers :)
Happy Saturday!









1 comment: